Monday, May 6, 2013

Uzes, Provence

Ok. So this feels like a photo-dump, but really! I mean, look at this village! Unbearably cute. And the boutiques were fabulous. The prices were too high (ugh - darn you, euro!!) but the shops were charming. There was a florist with such a great selection of goodies - tiny olive trees, ropes of air plants, armloads of pussywillows and the most gorgeous local terra cotta pots - with rope impressions inside and stamped with the brand and location on the outside. Boy did I wanna slip some of those into my luggage! The best ones were about 4' tall. Sigh... Another amazing shop was an independent women's wear designer. I got one photo snapped before I was given a stern "non, non, non!" Get this - the floor was all sand! White, powdery sand! So fabulous. The clothes were amazing too - just the kind of pale -flowery -ruffle stuff I'm drawn to (which I could neeever pull off, but love anyway). Griffin was loving a shop display of pedal cars - pretty cute. Most of the owners had artfully mixed brocante (vintage goodies) in with their displays. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for Good Junk!
All these shops surrounded a sweet shaded courtyard with cafes and a fountain. Oh, so very French.













































No comments:

Post a Comment