Sunday, April 14, 2013

PAV and Eataly!!!!

The day was simply gorgeous, so we set off to find a new park - Parco Arte Vivente. The site was originally industrial and has been transformed into a green space with interactive art exhibits, both outside and in. My favorite was of a polyurethane log that bumps around a room while video images and sounds of a flooded river are playing. You ride the log to get the feeling of the force of the flood and the lack of control the log has. An outdoor exhibit was a clover-shaped earthwork and moat. G spent lots of time being a "clover knight" and chasing lizards. Hopefully I can manage to post some of the video footage I took.

After a picnic lunch, we headed to EATALY!! I've been wanting to go since I saw a show that Oprah did on it years ago. Of course, I thought it would be the one in NYC, not Torino! But this one is the ORIGINAL - a market, restaurant, and cooking school, all promoting the slow food movement. Ah...loved it! I got several goodies (many of which won't be "mine" till my birthday) I'll photograph later. Yep. I'll be going back. Lots. Wonder if there are any classes in English...??





















No comments:

Post a Comment